- 11am meeting with Pat Breen TD and Minister for Employment and Small Business. He seemed interested in the vision of Lisdoonvarna Spa Town – Sustainable Eco Tourism Hub to explore North Clare and The Burren. It’s all in the wording 🙂
- Noon – workshop on waste management with Lisdoonvarna Tidy Towns. A great opportunity for some of the Tidy Towns group to get insight and advice from a competition adjudicator.
- 6pm Clare PPN Environmental College and Clare Environmental Network meeting went really well. A good turn out with groups from Shannon, East, West and North Clare at the table in Ennis.
- Day long PPN planning meeting, Extremely productive and excellent outcome.
- Clare Womens Network Solutions Focus Group. We’ve been designing a programme that will facilitate women’s discussion groups to explore the solutions to the problems we spend a lot of our time dealing with and/or dwelling on. It’s great to touch base with really committed, inspiring women.
- Sustainable Communities Plan with Lisdoonvarna Tidy Towns. Last session and great feedback from the participants. That’s 6 weeks to motivate 10 people to tackle sustainability in our town. So far this group of visionaries have some great ideas drafted into actions. Let’s see how that goes. We have a public meeting on Monday evening to see what the community think.
- Skype call to Dublin conference while catching up on emails, phone calls and research to help source information to bring to the community event proposing collaboration on a sustainable vision for Lisdoonvarna.
Next week bears the fruits of this labour.
Mar 3rd 2017